Country Cup update 28 April 2023
The first challenge for the Country Cup in 2023 will be on the 6th of May with grading games. These games are:
Cambridge High School SB Navy vs Te Awamutu College SB 1st XI (holders)
Matamata SG 1st Xl (holders) vs HPC SG 2nd Xl
Any questions please contact Mark Ball 021 2867115.
Guidelines for the Country Secondary Schools Senior Girls & Boys Challenge Cups.
- Cup is playable by any country town secondary school Senior Girls and Boys teams based in the Waikato. Playing in leagues below Premier League.
- To be engraved at the end of the season by the holding school.
- Challenge games can be during grading, league and knock out cup games during a pre-season and regular season. A fixture being a challenge game needs to be confirmed prior to kick off except when the holder is at home then the trophy is up for grabs automatically.
- The holding school must have the trophy available every game where it could be won by the opposition whether a home or away game.
- Games defaulted by the holders means loss of the trophy to the opposition and delivery must be made ASAP after default is realized.
- If a draw the holders maintain holding the trophy.
- Responsibility for the trophy is held by the school in possession.
- Abandoned games possession of the trophy stays with the holders.
- Any dispute over using unregistered players that are upheld will see the trophy handed to the opposition ASAP.
- One challenge game from either a higher division or lower than the holders must be accepted per season, and a game played for the trophy. Excluding challenges from Premier League teams
- Teams entitled to participate include the following: Matamata College, Thames High School, Mercury Bay Area School, Hauraki Plains College, Te Awamutu College, Morrinsville College, Ngaruawahia High School, Te Aroha College, Waihi College, Cambridge High School, Otorohanga College, Huntly College, Te Kuiti College. But is only for Senior Girls and Boys Teams to compete for (excluding Premier Teams).
Trophy donated by Mark Ball
Click here for a printable document of these rules.